Video poker is one of the first games to come from the table to virtual machines – that’s why Australian slots call ‘pokies’ (‘poker machines’). Along with slots, the Video Poker section is one of the most visited on many gambling websites. Combining slot game mechanics with a five-card poker strategy, this game option gives you a unique gaming experience that worth your investment in the form of money and time.
The development of the online gambling industry was the impetus for video poker games to grow and rise above many other casino games. Today, you are offered wide selection of poker machine variations with their own rule sets, pay tables, as well as including some bonus features – Wilds, jackpot and so on. So, we’re here to introduce you to some promising poker variations and provide with tips on how to play and win really big.
Popular Classic Free Video Poker Games Available at Online Casinos
Although the variety of games in general is welcomed by gambling enthusiasts, the wide selection of poker machines can be a barrier for you to choose the best option to play for real money. Therefore, it is extremely important to know the basics of the game and understand the difference between various versions. Check out below some of the best poker variations available in the form of poker machines on casino sites.
- Jacks or Better is the basic one for most video poker machines – the perfect classic option for playing as it comes with RTP over 94%. This game with its winning hands that are ranked according to standard rules and the ability to double the win will meet all your expectations.
- Deuces Wild is another common poker version available on many online casino sites. Like the previous game option, it is played with one deck. By playing the perfect game with maximum bets, you can increase your winning odds up to 100.76%.
- Tens or Better is a special case of Jacks or Better. However, it makes it possible to win more often, since a pair of Tens is the lowest paid combination. However, keep in mind that full-house and flush are paid by 6/5 instead of 9/6.
- Bonus Poker as another option based on Jacks or Better pays for combinations starting with pair of Jacks. However, it offers larger payouts for Four of a Kind combinations. With a return-to-player ratio of 99.17%, this game is still among the most generous.
- Joker Poker is a simple game suitable for both beginners and seasoned pro. It is played with one deck of 53 cards where the 53rd card acts as Joker’s Wild. Kings or Better is the starting paid combination in this version of video poker slots game. With higher chances to form a winning hand, Joker Poker deserves a place on this list of the best poker machines.
In addition to the above, we also recommend to opt for Aces & Faces and Progressive Jackpot Poker variations as they also have some outstanding features.
How to Play Video Poker Slots and Get Big Payouts
Check out below some tips on how to play poker machines better and gain more profit.
- Avoid playing by just guessing – learn the basic poker strategy.
- Choose the paytable with the largest expected return ratio.
- Place bets of max size as almost all classic video poker machines offer high winning odds.
- Play progressive jackpot poker machines to get a chance of reaping big while you are placing bets of relatively small size.
- Do not ignore the promotions as with extra-money you will get more chances to beat poker machines.
In addition, do not forget the important rule – fortune favours the bold – so be bold playing poker games.